A tour around a magic place with so much history, visible through its ancient monasteries that were built there in search of a secluded and peaceful environment; perfect for those that need to get away from the noisy city lifestyle. The Ribeira Sacra tour stops at the best viewpoints above the Sil Canyon, and includes a boat trip to enjoy the magnificence of the Canyon from all angles. And last but not least, a visit to a local winery to taste some of the best wines of the Ribeira Sacra Appellation of origin.
What is included in the Ribeira Sacra tour
- Visit to the monasteries of San Pedro de Rocas, Santo Estevo de Ribas de Sil and Santa Cristina
- Visit to a local winery from the D.O. Ribeira Sacra with wine tasting
- Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Galician dishes
- Boat trip in a private boat with wine tasting included
- Visit to several viewpoints (including the famous Mirador de Cabezoás and Balcones de Madrid)
- Private transportation from and to your accommodation or meeting point
- A driver-guide from our staff
- Photography service
- Insurance and taxes
The tour described above corresponds to our most common tour, but it can be personalized by the customer. For example, if you would like to visit more wineries, visit a different monastery, do a hiking trail, etc... It can be arranged. Just let us know in the comments section of your reservation, or give us a call first and we will tailor the tour based on your requests.
Note: There are additional activities and visits that can be arranged on demand, but they are not included in the base price.
Departure from Ourense city, at the location requested by the customer. Recommended departure is at 10am. One of our employees will drive you and accompany you all along the tour, assisting you in whatever you need.
- Tour: 10 hours 30 minutes
- 1 to 8 people (other group sizes upon request)
If you want to departure from another place other than Ourense city, an additional charge might apply.
How can you get to Ourense? From Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña and Madrid, it is recommended to use the train with destination Ourense (www.renfe.com), we will pick you up at the station and take you back. If you need more information about how to get to Ourense, do not hesitate to contact us.
From Santiago de Compostela you can reach Ourense in 38 min (vehicle 1h 15min). The cost per person and journey is approximately 13 euros.