Provincial and Education Centre for the Franciscan Order. Founded by St. Francis himself 1214 during his visit to the city. All that remains from that original construction are five ogee arches in the main cloister. Ginés Martínez built the new cloister in 1607, arranged on two floors, the lower one with Tuscan pillars holding semi-circular arches; and the upper one with narrower pilasters and semi-circular arched windows. The church, built in cut stone granite in 1742 by Simón Rodríguez, has a rectangular ground plan outlining a Latin cross, a nave with side chapels and a tribune that opens onto the central aisle. The ceiling is a barrel vault with a dome over pendentives, which on the outside shows an octogonal structure and a similarly designed roof. The facade, of an exceptional size, maintains Baroque style on the lower part and totally neo-Classical on the upper. The central section of the lower part has a niche with the image of St. Francis, by Ferreiro. The Tuscan columns and retro-pilasters framing the niche have a small cylinder between the capital and the entablature. The facade is topped with a bell-tower at each end. Declared a Historical-Artistic Monument in 1986.