Museum created in 1932 and which since 1957 has been located in the old San Francisco convent. Of this old convent it conserves the kitchen, the refectory (both from the 18th century) and the cloister ( 15th C.), enigmatic construction declared to be of Cultural Interest in 1931. The building was extended in the 1990’s. This extension, inaugurated by the Dukes of Lugo on 16th January 1997, holds the Museo Nelson Zumel. The Museo Provincial de Lugo has rooms devoted to archaeology, sacred art, ethnography, ceramics and glass, painting and sculpture, fans and watches, numismatics and medal collecting , etc.; as well as a section of Galician art (painting, sculpture, ceramics from Sargadelos, gold and silverware and jet).