Built in honour of the Apostle St. James´ mother, and founded by Pelaio Abad around 1140. Reformed in the 17th century by adding on the "Chapel of La Soledad" on the arm of the transept. Around the middle of the 18th century, the bell gable was added. On a square ground plan, in granite ashlar, with small arms supported by four semi-circular arches resting on fluted pilasters. Dome on pendentives, decorated with shields. The facade still conserves the Romanesque doorway, with particular attention of the seated Virgin on the keystone of the triple archivolt. The entrance is flanked by images of the Annunciation (the Virgin and Angel) from the 15th century. The doorway is covered by a heavy 16th-century portico. The Baroque bell gable, following the model of San Fiz de Solovio, is by José Crespo (1743). Inside, there are some fine Baroque carvings by the Compostela School.