The Mercedarian Convent of Santa María de Conxo presently houses the Provincial Psychiatric Hospital. It dates from the times of Gelmírez, though all that remains from then are two Romanesque arches in the cloister, where we can see the foundation inscription from 1129. On a rectangular ground plan with walls of granite masonry, its present facade is from the 18th century, designed by Simón Rodríguez. It is arranged on two floors plantas and all that stands out on its plain walls is the doorway (Fernández Sarela, 18th century), framed by Tuscan order columns topped with cylinders, supporting the entablature. Above this, there is a balcony and the Mercedarian arms. It is ornamented with images of the Mercedarian Saints. On the left, the chrcuh where Friar Gabriel de Casas worked between 1693 and 1710, and Simón Rodríguez between 1729 and 1737 on the facade, the cloister, and the chapel of El Santo Cristo. The latter of these exhibits a sculpture of Christ on the Cross by Gregorio Fernández (1628). The church stands on a Latin-cross ground plan, with transept, side chapels with tribune, a barrel vault and dome, square structure externally, and four-sided roof. The interior altarpieces are by Simón Rodríguez (1735).