Original church destroyed by Almansur in the year 997 and rebuilt by Archbishop Xelmírez in the 12th century. From the Romanesque period, all that remains is the door and the painted relief on its tympanum showing the Adoration of the Magi (F. Paris, 1316). Simón Rodríguez extended it at the beginning of the 18th century and built a new bell tower (1708-12), which in later years was often imitated all over Galicia. It stands on a rectangular ground plan with granite ashlar walls and an intersecting slate roof. The facade with its Romanesque doorway (double semi-circular archivolt, the interior decorated with horseshoe arches; jambs flanked by two adjoining columns with smooth shafts and capitals ornamented with plant motifs; door with architrave, and the painted granite relief of the Epiphany on the tympanum) and topped with a Baroque bell gable (one single section on a smooth base, where large plaques are superposed creating a chiaroscuro effect). Inside, there are 15th-century gold and silver artefacts and the Neoclassical retable of La Soledad, by Ferreiro.