2.1. Loading points of interest
Load the points of interest file onto the GPS device by following the instructions below:
1. After installing Garmin POI Loader on the computer, run the application by accessing the Home > All programs menu, and then Garmin Poi Loader.
2. On the welcome screen, click on Next to begin loading the Points of interest.
3. Selecting the destination: To load the points of interest file onto the GPS device, select the Garmin Device option. Previously, the GPS device should have been connected to the PC with the aid of a USB cable. You will have to wait several seconds while the GPS resets. Then, click on Next to move to the next stage.
4. Selecting the device: The next step is selecting the type of GPS from the drop-down list supplied by the program. If yours does not appear, select the Find Device option to begin a new GPS device detection. We then move to the following stage by clicking on Next.
5. Options for incorporating the points of interest: On the wizard's next screen, you can select the Install new custom POIs onto your device poption if you want to add the file's points of interest to the points already loaded onto the GPS device.
If you select the Remove all previously installed custom POIs from your device option, the program will eliminate all the points of interest previously loaded onto the device, before incorporating the new points.
Click on Next to move to the next stage.
6. Selecting load parameters: Clicking the Browse button, you can select the directory where the points of interest files for loading are located. This corresponds to the directory where the files downloaded from the Turgalicia website are located.
In unit selection, you can choose between feet and MPH o "meters and KPH".
To load the POI, you can also choose between two options: Manual and Express. It is advisable to use express mode, because the program itself loads the POI in their location. However, in manual mode you can configure the POI by proximity or velocity.
Finally, click Next to complete the process.
7. Loading complete: The wizard's final screen indicates the number of points of interest loaded onto the GPS. This is the final stage in the loading process. Then, click on Finish to finish..
8. Once the loading process has been completed you can disconnect the GPS device from the PC. You must wait until the device is totally switched off before disconnecting the USB cable.
2.2. Viewing the points of interest
After loading the points of interest, you can select your own Custom POIspoints of interest on the Garmin GPS device. To do so, access My Locations and then Custom POIs.